Thursday, May 5, 2011

Master Bedroom makeover- part 1

We have been in our house for over a year and a half now.  We have done multiple projects and work to the house and I really LOVE our home.  When we are out of town and come back home, I get such joy walking in to my house.  It is full of love and comfort to me.  With that being said, one room that is not so comfortable and cozy was our bedroom. We had yet to touch our bedroom.  The walls were painter white, we had hung up two things on the walls, and it just looked a little neglected.  Part of the hold up was that we had wanted to upgrade from a queen size bed to a king size bed and that created the "Cookie Effect". 

If you have ever read "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" then you are familiar with this effect. 


But basically, once you change one thing, then another will have to be changed, and then another and another, etc.  So I couldn't paint or decorate really because once we got a king size bed, then we would need new bedding, then we would have to find matching curtains, blah blah blah.  You get the idea.  So this totally stressed me out perplexed me and we just didn't do anything for months and months.  However, we did take advantage of the Black Friday sales at Thankgiving and bought our new mattress.  So for the last 5 months we have been sleeping on a wonderful, new, enormous mattress...on the floor. 

It wasn't as bad as it sounds...the dogs had easy access now (they are short you know), but the main reason was I just couldn't decide on a bed frame I wanted!  Did I want an upholstered headboard? Did I want something that showcased the tall ceilings and get a four poster bed?  I am not the best at making decisions when it comes to long term purchases and so I mulled over this for days...weeks...months. The hubs was no help really either, he just kept saying he didn't care.  I had finally ruled out the upholstered bed frame (two dogs + eventual babies= dirty bed that I don't want to clean) and decided on a four poster.  I even narrowed it down to what I wanted
(farmhouse style-LOVE)

but the price wasn't right, so I waited. And waited. And waited.  Then, one miraculous Tuesday while looking at websites instead of cleaning my house, I saw the words SPRING SALE!  I sent the hubs to check it out and it was true!  We jumped at the chance (not to mention my months of indecision had allowed for me to save enough to cover it) and we bought it! I was super excited:) Until I realized the Cookie Effect was now in full swing....the bed was being delivered in 10 days and we needed to paint our entire room, 15 foot ceilings and all. Cue the dramatic music.....

No comments:

Post a Comment