Wednesday, May 18, 2011

L is for LOVE

Saturday is my engagement anniversary (unfortunately we don't celebrate this really...maybe a dinner but we would do that anyway! It seems like a good excuse for presents to me..) and I can't believe that it has been five years since the hubs got down on one knee. 

Matt is not a planner.  He wasn't then, isn't now, nor will he be in the future.  He is much more likely to do things spontaneously...well at least more than I am these days.  I think he would love it if he could just turn to me and say "Pack a bag, lets leave tonight for Vegas!" and I would immediately think this was the best idea ever.  **I would think this was a fabulous idea...the key word however was immediately** 

Rewind 5 years ago to the proposal.  Matt picked up my ring Saturday morning, and it was on my hand by Sunday night.  Having the ring in his possession caused him great anxiety and overall a state of panic.  The faster he could propose the better!  He proposed to me in a park that we had walked hand in hand through many a time and had sat and enjoyed the weather together on numerous occasions.  It was a special place before and is even more so now. It will forever have a special place in my heart.

I said yes then without hesitating, and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.  Matty you are truly the love of  my life and I am so thankful that the Lord blessed me with you.  You make me a better person and you have shown me what it truly looks like to follow after the Lord.  Thank you for choosing to spend your life with me 5 years ago.  I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment