Thursday, March 24, 2011

painting party on my pants

Part of my job is to be flexible with where you have to teach.  I have taught in the cafeteria, the teacher's lounge, the art room, the conference room, the PACE closet (yes CLOSET), etc.  We get shoved in whatever corner is available and proceed like normal.   At the campus where I use the art room, I feel very fortunate to have such a great space.  We have big tables, a sink, and it isn't that big of a deal if we make a bit of mess.  Well yesterday, I had my three classes there like normal, chatted with some of the teachers, the usual daily interactions.  When I got home, I immediately changed into my shorts and t-shirt (I do this promptly when I walk in the door just about every day!) and went to go hang up my pants (don't judge me for not washing them every time...who has time for that??).  It was then that I noticed the party. 

The party of paint on the backside of my pants.  It was as if Jackson Pollack had used my pants as a canvas.  I had hot pink and neon green splatters and splotches all over my backside!!!! I had numerous thoughts run through my mind:
1) How had no one told me about this? Did they not notice??
2)Does this mean no one looked at my bum all day? (yes I realize this is ridiculous because I work with kids and women, but kids tell you when you look weird all the time so they SHOULD have told me)
3)Did I just ruin one of the 4 pairs of pants that I can actually fit into without having a mini meltdown in the morning?? 
I am kicking myself for not taking a picture before I doused them in colorsafe bleach and washed them repeatedly. Imagine something like this though:

 But the good news is after some heavy scrubbing and bleach- they are as good as new:) I am forever grateful to the JCrew chino's washabilty. And the moral of the story: Always check your chair before resting your derrière!!

No comments:

Post a Comment