Friday, February 4, 2011

Twinkle Lights...

I have been wanting to start a blog for a long time now but for the life of me I could not think of a name for a blog. I realize this seems like a trivial reason to not start blogging, but to me it felt like naming a child. This name would be associated with this blog for forever, would be written in a very cute font in huge letters at the top for all to see, so it had to be a good one! So after months of deliberation...I finally bit the bullet during our Snowpocalypse of 2011....because lets face it, I was bored. So here she is....twinkling of lights....my first blogging experience. I will come back to the name in a minute though.

I haven't quite decided what I want the purpose of this blog to me. Should it be my take on "life"? I am not one to be overly opinionated or political, so what would that even be??? Witty and comical stories about my own life? I feel as though this would be a very boring blog if that was the case. So for now, it will be whatever i feel like:) Which brings me back to the name...if you know me well you know that I LOVE twinkle lights. Christmas is one of my favorite times of year for many reasons, but one main reason is because stores and shopping centers get all pretty with thousands of twinkle lights. I feel like Meg Ryan had the right idea in "You've Got Mail", when life gets tough, all you need is more twinkle lights! Pretty, glittering lights shining in the night sky...sigh...it just makes everything better. Life is all about how you choose to look at things and I choose to add more twinkle lights:)!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for another blogging friend! I promise - as Hadley's naps get a little more consistent I will start getting back into blog design and send you some tips! (So much of it has been trial and error for me, so I have to actually DO it before I can tell you what to do!) Love the blog so far!! **Off to add you to my bloglist**

    ReplyDelete